* Case: Adam, 17 year old male Chief Complaint: Bell’s Palsy
One night in January, 2004 I had an earache. I awoke the next morning and the right side of my face was paralyzed. Through blood work and an MRI the diagnosis was a severe case of Bells Palsy. I had minimal movement of the facial muscles on the right side of my face. I could not close my eye and I drooled….not a pretty sight for a 17 year old high school senior.
Trips to the neurologist just meant drugs. When the drugs did not improve the paralysis, I began physical therapy several times a week for five months. Although I did improve, the neurologist said nothing more could be done. Although not happy with that diagnosis I accepted it but my mother did not. A friend of hers recommended I have acupuncture treatments by Andy Rosenfarb. Apprehensive, I figured I had nothing to lose. It was not painful and Andy usually had to wake me up when my sessions were over. I saw and felt improvement after a few sessions. The neurologist was wrong; Andy gave me back my face and my smile!
* Case: Lori, 23 year old female Chief Complaint: Chronic migraines
Migraines run in my family so I wasn’t too surprised that I developed them, but was surprised at how quickly they came into my life. About six months ago, I started getting migraines 4-5 times each week, ranging from a dull ache every morning to more severe headaches that ever caused nausea and vomiting. Some even left me unable to function, and I was stuck in bed. Over-the-counter headache medicines rarely worked.
When I went to see a neurologist (and after doing a series of tests), he put me on medicine to prevent these headaches. I took the medicine every day for three months. Side effects to the medication were that I lost 10 lbs., and developed numbness, in my feet and occasionally throughout my whole body. The migraines did not decrease with this drug. At this point in time the headaches were destroying my life as I was having them every morning and most every afternoon.
After stopping the medication, I decided to try acupuncture. I started treatment about 2 months ago. For the first two week, I still had frequent headaches (and was still coming off the medication). After a few more weeks of treatment, I noticed that most mornings, I was actually waking up without headache free. Soon after, I was getting through entire weeks with no headaches, which was pretty incredible to me!
“I was truly amazed at how well acupuncture worked for me. I was off the medications and taking just receiving acupuncture and taking some recommended supplements. At first I didn’t know much about acupuncture and didn’t really think it would work, but I was desperate to try anything. My life has drastically improved since coming to see Andy. I am able to function at work, throughout the day. This was not possible just a few weeks ago. If I ever get a headache now, it is much duller and doesn’t last very long. I am so thankful for Andy’s help, and his ongoing concern for my well being.”
* Case: Louise, 57 year old female Chief Complaint: Acute neck, arm & hand pain from auto accident
I had experienced pain associated with inflamed nerves, as a result of a car accident. This caused me excruciating & continuous pain for six consecutive days. I was then referred to Andy Rosenfarb, and during the first acupuncture treatment the pain had miraculously subsided. I was pain-free for eight hours after that treatment followed only by brief, intermittent pain. With each acupuncture treatment I am experiencing a progressive recovery during my healing process. Currently (9 weeks later), I can look forward to a future that is pain free! The compassion, patience, and pleasant mannerism of Andy Rosenfarb greatly contributed to my recovery. Thank you, acupuncture is a conductive path to recovery.
* Case: Jackie, 57 year old female Chief Complaint: Asthma, allergies/sinus congestion & stress
When I first came to see Andy Rosenfarb I was experiencing severe allergies, asthma, and tenseness. Since I have been coming regularly for treatment over the last few months I have much sinus congestion, less frequent asthmatic attacks. All of my symptoms have improved, and I am definitely less tense!
* Case: Barbara, 65 year old female Chief Complaint: Arthritis in both knees
When I first came to Andy Rosenfarb’s office, I had severe stiffness (in both knees) at night. It was so painful that it woke me up every night. I also had very poor flexibility, and constant pain. Since receiving treatment, I have noticed more flexibility and much less pain, I am sleeping much better too!
* Case: Margo, 62 year old female Chief Complaint: Parathyroid dysfunction, arthritis, blurry vision, tinnitis (right-side ear ringing)
Andy is extremely knowledgeable in his field. He treats me with acupuncture and herbal medicine when needed. As a result I do not take any medications for arthritis or any other ailments that were bothering me. My vision has greatly improved to the point that when I went to see my eye doctor, he had to decrease my eyeglass prescription in addition, the ringing in my right ear has greatly subsided and is steadily improving. My blood pressure is now under control and my parathyroid function is stable. I am a new person!
* Case: Susan, 28 year old female Chief Complaint: Low energy, stress, weight gain
When I first met with Andy Rosenfarb I had a host of issues, many which seemed to be the result of a low thyroid function. Western medicine had nothing to offer me since my blood work results were ‘normal’, and I was supposedly in great health…but I was still tired and stressed out. I started taking some Chinese herbs that Andy Rosenfarb and received four acupuncture treatments over the next few weeks. Each week I noticed significant improvement in my mood, energy, and appetite (lowered). At this point I am still taking the herbs for maintenance, and I feel great! Thanks you so much.
* Case: Billy, 16 year old male Chief Complaint: Chronic sinus infections w/ pending surgery, allergies, back pain
I began skeptical and unsure of what to expect. Treatment is relaxing and pain-free, and resulted in the aborting of pending sinus surgery. I have not had an infection since I started, which is an accomplishment in and of itself (considering I had two sinus infections each month). I have more energy and am better able to function day to day as a result of acupuncture treatment. Thanks Doc!
* Case: Elizabeth, 58 year old female Chief Complaint: Chronic neck & shoulder pain, headaches, unable to lift arms
Acupuncture has helped me to function free from the severe pain I experienced in the past. Andy Rosenfarb has freed me from the many drugs I took (to relieve the pain) that did not do anything to help me. All the drugs did is caused me to walk around in a daze. I am not more pain or symptoms, and I come in regularly to stay that way.”
* Case: Eileen, 55 year old female Chief Complaint: Crohn’s Disease, sinus sensitivity, back & neck pain caused by a car accident
Since coming to see Andy Rosenfarb I have improved. I can stand upright, which I was unable to do in the past. Acupuncture has been beneficial for me in a variety of ways. It has helped control flare ups of my sinuses, relieved pain associated with my back injury, and reduced the intensity of symptoms related to Crohn’s disease.”
* Case: Uma, 60 year old female Chief Complaint: Arthritis, psoriasis, macular degeneration, dry eyes
I first came to see Andy Rosenfarb at the urging of close friends. I was depressed and in a lot of pain…at my low! Steadily the swelling in my joints reduced, and it was very dramatic for me. The pain has reduced as well. There is still some pain and as I continue with treatment, I am looking forward to it resolving. My vision and eye dryness are improving as well. Overall I am very pleased with the results so far and recommend it highly. I wish I knew about Andy Rosenfarb years ago before my condition got as bad as it did. Thank you for taking care of me. Thank you so very much. Love, Uma
* Case: Alice, 80 year old female Chief Complaint: Chronic frequent cough
I am writing to thanks you for helping me overcome my chronic coughing problem by using acupuncture. It is hard to believe that acupuncture can work where conventional medicine failed to offer any hope for my condition. Your skills helped me and I thank you!
* Case: Barbara, 64 year old-female Chief Complaint: Extreme pain in the buttocks/ hips down leg, to ankle (sciatica)
I was referred to AHA by my chiropractor. I came to this office with very extreme pain in my hip and legs. It was so unbearable that I could not even sleep at night. Nothing I tried gave me any relief. After receiving 25 acupuncture treatments I am feeling as though I am maintaining my freedom from pain. I find my treatment time very relaxing. I’m feeling great!
* Case: Joan, 42 year old-female Chief Complaint: Migraines, Fatigue
I was referred to AHA by my friend and I was experiencing debilitating headaches with the onset of my periods. I would be down for about 20 hours every month. I’m now after a few months of treatment I am seeing a gradual change for the better in my energy levels where I am able to do more on weekends. I only get very slight headaches when my period comes, that don’t last. This is a major improvement from the headaches I used to get.”
* Case: Jeanette, 77 year old female Chief Complaint: Crohn’s Disease, poor circulation “I am 77 years old and have had Crohn’s disease since 1987. In April of 1998 I had emergency surgery were half of my Large Intestine was removed. While I was in the hospital I had developed severe “wet” Gangrene on my left foot and toes. Two months later I saw a vascular surgeon who felt it necessary to amputate my leg, up to the knee! Feeling hopeless, my daughter suggested we try acupuncture as my last hope to save my leg. Andy Andy Rosenfarb was highly recommended. In July, I started intensive acupuncture 2-3 times each week, along with taking a formula of raw herbs that I had to make into tea. After around twelve treatments, the Gangrene had dried up, and formed dry scabs. A small portion of the skin my toe had fallen off, but I still had my leg! My surgeon was amazed and delighted at the results I got from working with Andy Rosenfarb. I was soon walking and driving again. I still continue to see Andy once per week to keep the circulation flowing in my legs.”
* Case: Linda, 55 year old female Chief Complaint: Severe sinus headaches, depression
I have found acupuncture to be the most beneficial for my sinus headaches and allergies. Acupuncture is very relaxing and the office environment is highly conducive to feeling great, physically, emotionally, and spiritually. I no longer rely on any medications for the sinus headaches; I rarely get them anymore. Andy Rosenfarb has also been using NAET Allergy Elimination therapy to eliminate my allergies. I feel so much better! Thank you Andy!
* Case: Carol, 47 year old female Chief Complaint: Pain in left arm, depression, hypothyroidism and immune system weak, poor digestion
Andy has changed my life. Last fall I was suffering from depression, and the possibility of medication was discussed. Thanks to Andy’s treatments I have found dramatic improvement without having to resort to pharmaceuticals! I also have increased energy, better digestion, a ber immune system, and great improvement with Hyperthyroidism. Emotionally, I am feeling very well. Thank you Andy!”
* Case: Barbara, 44 year old female Chief Complaint: Chronic sinusitis, min. of 6 sinus infections each year, headache, low energy
I’ve been receiving acupuncture treatment from Andy Rosenfarb for eight months. During this time I’ve had one minor sinus infection (6 months ago, when I first started treatment). I only experience occasional low-grade headaches, which resolve quickly on their own. The combination of acupuncture and herbs seem to be working magic for me. Before I started acupuncture, my ENT doctor felt I had run out of options and recommended a second sinus surgery. I refused this recommendation, as the first surgery did not seem to improve my health or condition at all. I am happy to say that I won’t need the surgery because my condition has greatly improved with acupuncture and Chinese herbs. Although I don’t fully grasp how acupuncture works, I am now a big supporter and believer in this form of health care. I am so glad I took the chance! Thank you Andy Rosenfarb!
* Case: Marion, 52 year old female Chief Complaint: Hot flashes, irritability, insomnia
When I first considered acupuncture I was at my wits end because I couldn’t sleep more than 4-5 hours a night, due to hot flashes and night sweats. After some regular acupuncture treatment, and taking some herbs, I was totally cured! At first the hot flashes diminished in intensity, and then they stopped altogether. I immediately began feeling more relaxed and slept longer and longer each night. It was truly beyond my expectations to have the flashes cease altogether. I am totally thrilled to be feeling so wonderful. I wish I knew about this for the several years spent in peri-menopause. I highly recommend Andy Rosenfarb to women entering into this challenging transitional phase of life.”
* Case: Patricia, 51 year old female Chief Complaint: Chronic neck & shoulder pain resulting from car accidents
I have relief with acupuncture treatments. Other conditions that Andy Rosenfarb has significantly helped me with were a chronic vaginitis condition, headaches, insomnia and sinusitis. I didn’t even know he could help me with these problems and they all resolved with his treatment. I would highly recommend him to anyone!
* Case: Louise, 47 year old female Chief Complaint: Hyperthyroid condition
When I first came to see Andy Rosenfarb, my skin was dry, my hair was thinning and brittle, and I was HIGHLY stressed. My hair is filling in and I feel healthier. I am less stressed and my thyroid function is normalizing.
* Case: Male Chief Complaint: Rotator Cuff Injury, Toxic Liver
I had rotator cuff injury on the left side which had been hurting for 8 months. I went to chiropractors, physical therapists, and massage therapists. No one could help me. I completed 10 days of treatment for my shoulder pain and after the treatment, the rotator cuff was completely healed. I got back full range of motion in that shoulder with no more pain. Today I play volleyball twice a week and my shoulder feels great!
Additionally, Andy noticed as he was checking out various pressure points on my back, that my liver appeared stress. Andy suggested that I do more exercise and watch any foods, medications, supplements that may stress out the liver. I decided instead to do a series of colon hydrotherapy/cleanse treatments followed by an intense liver cleanse. The results proved that my liver was indeed extremely toxic. In fact, so toxic that I will need to do 3-4 more liver cleanses before the cleaning is complete. Following the liver cleanse, I felt better than I’ve ever felt in my life. I have Andy to thank for pointing out my stressed out liver organ.
Thanks to Andy, I am healthier than I’ve ever been in my life.